This is roadmap to a series articles about instrumenting your application using the NET 4.5 EventSource class, the ETW subsystem, and using out of the box utilities to acquire performance data.
You can find the code for these articles on my GitHub repository BizGear
The following are articles I plan to write for this series.
- Part 1 Introduction
- Part 2 An Overview of the ETW Subsystem
- Part 3 Introducing EventSource, Logman, and PerfView
- Part 4 Using EventKeywords for Event Filtering
- Part 5 Wrapping your code with EventSource
- Part 6 Injecting EventSource Using AOP
- Part 7 Injecting EventSource into WCF Service Calls
· Part 8 Using EventListener in your application
· Part 9 Forwarding events using service bus
· Part 10 Writing a custom Event Monitor
· Part 11 Introducing Semantic Application Logging Block (SLAB)
· Part 12 Using SLAB within your application
· Part 13 Using SLAB as an outside your application (out of process)